Live Coverage from 2013 Shot Show
This page will update automatically so stay tuned to see what’s happening as it happens.
Thursday, Jan 17 - 11:19am
Caracal CAL .40
This is the Gun to keep your eyes on. The fit and finish are superb. The 9mm was featured at Shot last year, and this year they released the 40sw version. I was very disappointed that I was not able to fire this pistol at media day at the range.
Caracal and development team was led by the Austrian firearms designer Wilhelm Bubits who previously had designed the Steyr M pistol. The Caracal CAL .40 is a semi-automatic pistol chambered for .40 caliber ammunitions. Based upon the established Caracal F pistol design, the CAL .40 supports a 14 round magazine, tactical rail and boasts unique features such as a short trigger pull, extremely low profile slide and bore axis, the combined effect of which is greatly reduced “felt” recoil. The weapon is capable of carrying exchangeable sights.
- Slide length: 178 mm
- Barrel length: 104 mm
- Height: 135 mm
- Width: 28mm
- Weight: 760g
- Caliber: .40
- Magazine Capacity: 14 rounds
- Grip frame: Polymer
- Trigger system: Double Action
- Trigger travel ( constant ): ~ 8mm (~ 0.31 in)
- Trigger weight ( constant ): ~ 2.2kg
- Internal Safety: Grip, Drop & Firing pin
- Loaded indicator: 2
- Magazine catch: Ambidextrous
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 11:41am
Lehigh defense controlled expansion hollow points
These claim to create the largest wound channels of any bullet you can buy. Lehigh Maximum Expansion bullets expand with razor sharp petals positioned and maintained at the largest diameter to provide the greatest cutting surface.
We were able to get our hands on these as well. Watch for the review.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:56am
This litter canon holds 16 shells of 12 gauge fury. Design features of the SRM1216:
- Ergonomic compact design along with the flexibility of a detachable magazine provides unsurpassed firepower, force multiplication, and tactical advantages.
- Rotary, Detachable high capacity magazine holding 8, 12, or 16 rounds of either 2 3/4 or 3 inch shotshells.
- Semi-automatic action that self feeds following the rotation of the quad-tube, revolving magazine.
- Roller delayed action provides fast cycling and reduced felt recoil.
- Overall length of the 1216 model is only 34 inches with a standard 18 inch barrel, but the more compact 1212 and 1208 are available.
- An integrated picatinny rail combined with a three face handguard rail offers the shooter a broad range of options for mounting optics, sights, lights and other tactical accessories.
- Pushpin disassembly and break open design allows for easy field stripping and maintenance.
- Ambidextrous receiver and controls can be set up for either right or left handed shooters.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:51am
Walter Arms PPX
The grip is really nice on this gun. The trigger also feels excellent. Available in 9mm and 40SW.
44 inch barrel.
16 or 14 round capacity.
6.3″ Sight Radius.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:47am
UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun
Holds 15 rounds of 12 gauge. Bullpup design pump shotgun.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:44am
Boberg Firearms XR9-S
Claims to be the most powerful pocket pistol in the world as it hold 7 rounds and is +p rated. I certainly feels good in the hand, but the trigger leaves much to be desired.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:41am
Smith & Wesson M&P C.O.R.E pistols
3-Interchangeable Newly Enhanced Textured Palmswell Grip Sizes. Slide cut to accept the following optics – Trijicon RMR, Leupold Delta Point, Jpoint, Doctor, C-More STS, Insight MRDS. Based on the popular Pro Series line of competition ready firearms, the new M&P C.O.R.E (Competition Optics Ready Equipment) models offer consumers a specialized platform for adding accessory optics to their personal handguns. Available in 9mm and 40SW, 4.25″ and also 5″ barrel configuration.
9mm, 17 rounds.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:39am
Jones Deluxe 1911
Cabot Guns company Jones Deluxe 1911. Notice the stars cut out of the trigger. I believe the retail on this Rolls Royce is 9,450 dollars.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:36am
This is good news for us. Chrony has a new more compact chronograph. Complete with wireless display.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:33am
Leica Rangemaster CRF 1000-r
Designed for the everyday hunter, the new CRF 1000-R laser rangefinder gives hunters the ability to determine Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR) using the rifleman’s rule from 10 to 600 yards. The CRF 1000-R boasts the best and brightest LED display available. Self-regulating capabilities allow it to adjust itself to surrounding light conditions. Has a wide field of view and 7x magnification. It is hard to tell but this thing is very small. It could easily be placed inside a jacket or back pocket.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:30am
Gun comes out holster stays put. These are inside the waist band holsters with no clips or bulky straps. They stay put, and are ambidextrous.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:28am
UTG PRO AK Side Mount
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:26am
Leapers new tactical op bi-pod with picatinny mount.
- High Tech Durable Aluminum Construction and Steel Top Platform
- Dual Mounting – Picatinny Mount and Swivel Stud Mount
- Foldable Arms with External Spring Tension Control
- Fully Adjustable Legs with Posi-lock Wheel & Quick Retraction Button
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:22am
FN Herstal SC 1 Over/Under
- Blue or Black Laminated Stock.
- Adjustable comb for height.
- Adjustable trigger shoe and inertia activated single-stage trigger.
- 30″ barrel.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:18am
Redring shotgun sight
Redring has built-in intelligence, called spot metering, that reads the backlight in a diameter equivalent to more than double the ring diameter. An integrated processor momentarily adjusts the ring intensity to the prevailing light. Dark background = weaker ring. Bright background = stronger ring. These are made in Sweden.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:14am
Caracal CC10 Carbine
The Caracal CC10 is a modern semi-auto 9 x 19mm carbine aimed at the sporting, personal defense and law enforcement markets. Some of the CC10 features are a short travel trigger, magazines with 10, 15 and 18 round capacity (magazines are interchangeable with the Caracal pistol family), ambidextrous magazine release, quick barrel exchange and full tactical rails.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:12am
Rock Island tactical M2011 10mm
Rock Island tactical M1911 tactical or 2011 rather, is now available 10mm! The VZ Grip model includes a 2-dot adujustable rear LPA sight and tru-glo high visability front sights. The firearm is also equipped with front and back wide-angled slide serrations, and 1913 picatinny tactical rail.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:10am
Slide Fire belt feed system for AR15.
I spoke with the designer at Media Day. Unlike the military version, the BFR feeds upside-down and therefore can be sold to the civilian market. While not completely ready just yet, it is certainly a very efficient way to get lead downrange.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:10am
The Stoeger P-350 pump action shotgun is a reliable hunting gun designed to fire any 12-gauge ammunition, from light target loads to 3-1/2ï¿½ magnum. A fore-end assembly with twin action bars delivers smooth, non-binding cycling. Every P-350 comes with five choke tubes, so you are covered for any type of game. An optional 13-ounce, mercury-filled recoil reducer tames the kick of heavy ammunition.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:08am
Streamlight TLR-1 Game Spotter
Streamlight TLR-1 Game Spotter is a long-range, rail mounted Green LED game tracking light.
- Features a shock-proof, green C4® LED that produces a long-range beam that reaches 350 meters
- Green LED combined with a deep-dish parabolic reflector produces an intense hot-spot that provides long-range identification, preserves night vision and won’t spook varmints
- 31,000 candela peak beam intensity; 150 lumens; Runs 1.75 hours
- Mounts directly to all MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rails and weapons with Glock-style rails
- Available with either standard door switch or remote door switch.
- Standard Switch: Ambidextrous momentary/steady On-Off.
- Remote Switch: Momentary/steady On-Off and port plug for remote switch assembly
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:07am
Nemo Arms 300 Winchester Mag AR
- Billet Upper and Lower Receiver, SF Tiger Stripe Anodize
- NEMO 22” .300 Win Mag Match Grade Barrel
- Geiselle SSA 2-Stage Match Trigger
- Free Float Customizable Handguard With Removable Rail System In Black
- Low Profile Gas Block
- Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Assembly
- NEMO Side Charging Handle
- NEMO PC Tornado Flash Hider
- Mako Sniper Stock
- Hogue Overmolded Pistol Grip In Black
- KNS Anti-Rotational Trigger Pins
- 2 NEMO 14 Round Mags
- Tru-Spec Drag Bag
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 10:00am
We spoke to the nice folks at SBR. They will be sending us ammo for review.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 9:45am
We will be looking into this TrajeTech ammo.
Wednesday, Jan 16 - 9:37am
Law Enforcement Target’s new Rimfire Dueling Tree. Pretty affordable at 119 bucks. Made from steel.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 7:27pm
Orleans Tactical Oreo Cookie Pie
Comes complete with silver fork attachment and 10+1 rounds of vanilla bean ice cream. Without a doubt one of our favorite products of the day.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 4:03pm
Colt model 1877 Gatling gun
It shoots up to 1000 45-70 govt. rounds per minute. (For those taking notes, that is 58 pounds of lead.) Made from solid brass you can pick this bad boy up for a cool 45 grand.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 3:54pm
Mark V Accumark RC
Weatherby Mark V Accumark RC is new for 2013.
- Weatherby® Mark V® Accumark® RC rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99″ or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) when used with specified Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition
- Comes with a factory-shot target signed by Ed Weatherby and includes a special RC engraved floorplate
- Hand-laminated, raised comb Monte Carlo composite stock with matte gel coat finish and spiderweb accents
- Factory-tuned, fully adjustable trigger*
- Button-rifled, #3 contour free-floated stainless steel fluted barrel with recessed target crown
- CNC-machined 6061 T-6 aluminum bedding plate
- Pachmayr® Decelerator® pad
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 3:35pm
Schrade representative told us that Scrade actually has about 80 new knives this year. The Viper is show above which swings out opening sideways. Interesting.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 3:17pm
Chiappa Triple Threat
3 barrel shotgun. Single trigger break barrel. No selector switch, it fires all three barrels in series with a single cock and three pulls of the trigger. Marketed as a defense shotgun, it is also available in a pistol grip.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 2:35pm
Hornady Ultrasonic Cleaner
Drop in your whole upper and walk away. 30 minutes later and the cookies are done! It is sort of like the Man’s version of the Easy Bake Oven.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 2:28pm
Uses the slide from the G36 but has a double stack mag allowing 10 rounds to be carried in a compact 45acp.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 2:21pm
There is a new Kimber warrior model. Same as the old with a Crimson Trace rail laser and different grip pattern.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 2:17pm
Kimber TLE 10mm
The Kimber TLE/RL II is now a available in 10mm. That’s right the One O.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 2:02pm
Magnum Mach1 and Mach 2 Boots
Magnum geared up our team with the Mach 1 and Mach 2 boots. They will be available for purchase in March. The Mach 1 weigh in at just 20 ounces and the Mach 2 a mere 12 ounces. We are getting the opportunity to try them out before they hit the market. I think we are going to love these boots.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 1:23pm
The new sig p227 finally made an appearance. Available with or without rail. Full size or compact. For now it is only available in 45ACP. The new grip feels really good and the trigger as well as any SIG. It comes with standard with 10+1 capacity magazine but optional 14+1 extended mags are available.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 1:13pm
Engraved SIG p226
Comes in Stainless Steel mode is available in 9mm only. This gun melts in your hand. The wood grip is wonderful.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 11:40am
I want one of these.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 11:36am
Thompson Center Dimension
2013 rifle of the year according to NRA American Hunter. Change Barrels, and change calibers. This is a fully customizable Rifle, that was actually introduced last year. 3 shots within 1 inch at 100 yards Guaranteed. Available in many common hunting calibers from .204 Ruger to .300 Winchester Magnum.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 11:20am
Kent cartridge new 10 point slug and tealsteel waterfowl loads.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 11:12am
Sar Arms 3 in 1
This kit includes the 9mm, 40sw and 45acp conversions using the same frame. A good idea I suppose but I like SIG’s idea of the 2 sum better.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 10:55am
Smith & Wesson Micro 90
This little bugger has a 2 hour runtime at 90 lumens. Tiny and super light weight. About 100 bucks in the store. Also has ambidextrous momentary on off. It is not a surefire but is half the size and weight. Definitely worth a look.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 10:48am
Precision Reflex Delta Forearm
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 10:44am
Samson Mfg. Aluminum quad rail for ak.
Very well made and pretty light.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 10:33am
International Cartridge Corporation frangible ammo
We will be reviewing the International Cartridge Corporation frangible ammo. On paper it looks promising. 50% of the round explodes causing massive trauma and the other 50% stays together reaching the 12″ penetration mark.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 10:03am
FAB Defense Tactical Buttstock
This are very well built, strong and pretty light weight. It also neatly tucks away 1 extra mag. Great idea in my opinion.
Tuesday, Jan 15 - 10:01am
AE MKIII & AX338
Accuracy Internationals’s rifles are simply awesome. Aluminum quad rails and adjustable cheekpiece, folding chassis, 10 round double stack magazine.
Monday, Jan 14 - 3:32pm
This pictures will be posted soon. There was no internet connection at the range.
Sunday, Jan 13 - 6:01pm
This will be our make-shift office this week. Brian is already hard at work.